Advice on XP booting

The following is the bootlog (jpg) that Greatis BootlogXP created for me. I have tried to tweak XP services and some other things. Kindly advise on where I have gone wrong and what can I do to improve XP boot. Thanks.

Attachments

• Bootlog.jpg
    Bootlog.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7
Firstly, disable any useless start up applications. If you're using a mechanical HDD you should go do a thorough disk defrag. While, SSD's aren't plagued with this burden, mechanical hard drives benefit from defragments. Clean temp files and uninstall resource heavy applications you do not need.

Now, Is your boot time to an active desktop absurdly long? What is the speed of your HDD? Is your OS fully updated?

Startup is empty except for bbclean, the shell that I use, and AdAware antivirus. Disk and registry are defraged. There are no temporary files. Don't use active desktop. Don't know the speed of HD, it is Samsung 160JJ. OS is Sp2, it is not the latest. I might remove Word 2007 and some other Microsoft programs. My computer shows less than 1.5 itinerations of the three dash window loading (..---..). What does the attached image say? Is my boot up time is long/normal/quick?

For a better test (and results that are more correct) DISCONNECT the Internet and rerun the test.

With an active Internet available, LOTS of networking takes place which distort the measurement and perception of 'boot speed'.

I tried. Without internet and anti-virus it takes 27 secs. But I need these programs. So, probably I should be satisfied with what I have. My computer is not inordinately slow, that should be a consolation. New computer/laptop with Windows 8 and instant start - why spend that much money? Perhaps I should think of using a Linux distribution, that will give me a better start. :)

Back