Advice regarding graphic cards needed!

Hi folks

I thought I would pick the brains of the experts on here.

I am looking to upgrade my Graphics card but have never attempted this before. Rather than go blundering in )and probably mess things up!) I thought I would check on here first.

Here are the specs for my current PC (let me know if I am missing anything! out)

System Specs
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System manufacturer: IBM
System Model: 8113DG8
BIOS: Pheonix FirstBios™ Desktop Pro Version 2.0 for ThinkCentre
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1012MB RAM
Page File: 698MB used, 1729MB available
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display Device
Name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

I would like any suggestions for a reasonable graphics card that would work on my machine + any other alterations/additions I would need to make to the machine itself.

I appreciate any suggestions!

Cheers :)

I've moved your thread to the Audio and Video sub-forum, which is a more suitable place for your enquiry.

Also, I would recommend you provide us with the total wattage of your power supply.

Unless you know the make and model of your PSU yourself, you'll need to remove the side panel and check the label on the PSU for those figures.

Check amperage on the 12v rails, heck just take a picture of the label.
I don't think you'll get very far with that computer in terms of gaming though, if that's what you're looking for.

@HK
I was thinking the same thing tbh, but wasn't 100 percent certain so didn't say.

Do you think it would bottleneck with modern GPUs pretty quickly?

Thanks guys. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

I am not looking for too much gamingwise, just enough to let me play a few more games then i currently am able too. Mainly MMORPG's rather than any fast paced shooters etc

Back