Advise for PC parts selling

Hey folks, as the title would indicate I'm looking for both advice on selling and for some form of pricing rule of thumb. I've no real experience when it comes to selling PC hardware, let alone really anything online so first and fore mostly I should ask where the best place for selling these sorts of things are, as of now I've sent requests to join the two Perth pc parts buy/sell groups on facebook, outside of that the only place I can think of to sell this without having to package and ship it.
Secondly, is there a universal rule of thumb when it comes to pricing used pc parts? I'm looking to sell a cpu/ram/mobo and a graphics card, all of which is three years old, not overclocked (The cpu isn't a K skew) and looked after about as well as you could expect.
Parts are as follows:
CPU: Intel I5-4670
RAM: Corsair vengeance 2x4gb ddr3
MOBO: Asus Z-87 Plus
GPU: Asus gtx 760 Direct-cuii

Any and all advice is welcomed, cheers in advance.
Haydz

If your parts are in good shape with no problems.
Ebay would be a starting point to sell off your old hardware parts.
No one in their right mind will pay for something over the original retail price tag.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Intel-Core-i...re-BX80646I54670-Processor/165799303?thm=3000

See this as follows, instead of trying to milk more money out of people with shipping.
List the item as 86.00 free S/H usps priority mail small flat doesn't cost much. (6.50) at best with delivery tracking. 1lb or 2lb max small box.
Ebay takes away 10% of the total sale price so when its said and done with, you will get 70 bucks roughly in your pocket.

Here is another sample like the cpu being sold:
https://www.ebay.com/p/ASUS-Z87-PLUS-LGA-1150-Socket-H3-Intel-Motherboard/166391588?thm=1500

Selling that motherboard for atleast 75.00 or 80.00 dollars with free shipping helps out.
Make sure you take pictures of the items front and back with serial numbers.
Sadly some people will lie about receiving your items condition and attempt a charge back through ebay-paypal.

This is one of the main reasons I stopped selling on ebay.
As they know the problem is there and won't fix it just to keep customers.

Now if you wan't you to sell your components as a combo.
*Make sure you clean off the cpu thermal paste and dust crap off your heatsink.
*Reapply with new thermal grease, make the ram modules are snug on the mobo.
*Buy an anti static bag put the mobo combo in it, seal it and put it inside the mobo box.
If you wanted to be a nice guy, include the disk or a cheap flash drive with updated drivers.
Set combo parts for 300.00 bucks or best offer trade, except it for 285.00 only.
Use UPS 3 day select to have it be picked up from your home and shipped to them.

So yeah there you have it if you want to sell online.
If your not looking to make big bucks from it and just want it gone before you buy your next new parts.
This would be an idea to try first.

Back