Aero glass feature

Jhong

I have windows 7 64-bit at work. Working with all ladies in a healthcare field, theyre all complaining about not having the aero feature. I figured out how to turn it back on, but when they log off for the day, the aero feature turns off. Is there a way to keep the aero feature on permanately?

Look in your group policy on the PC's, or on the server.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization\

Should enabled by default you can disable it.

If you right click on the desktop then on Personalized then type up in the upper right corner there is a white box search control panel type in aero
Now there is a line the reads
Enable or disable transparent glass on windows (click on this now)

Make sure you check off Enable Transparency
Then have one of the Women there select the color she wants to use.
That's about it.

tipstir: OP said that he did that, but something keeps disabling it after log off and back on.

So, it's gotta be in GP somewhere.

Try WinBubble and force it to save it.

Wait are these PCs on a domain. Then each PC used by these women would need be allowed to have Aero or make changes to their role (profile in active directory) I doubt any company on a domain going to allow these changes. If these PC are imaged a certain way then the company doesn't want them to have extra features that Windows has to offer like fancy Aero graphics.

Limited Admin rights just not going to cut it...

Try WinBubble and force it to save it.

Wait are these PCs on a domain. Then each PC used by these women would need be allowed to have Aero or make changes to their role (profile in active directory) I doubt any company on a domain going to allow these changes. If these PC are imaged a certain way then the company doesn't want them to have extra features that Windows has to offer like fancy Aero graphics.

Limited Admin rights just not going to cut it...
Yes all the PCs are on a domain. I have full admin rights, but I'm not sure how to go about enabling the Aero feture permantely without making major changes to the system..

Admin rights over PCs? Or admin rights over the domain? If there's a GP on the DC that pushes out and forces local GP to disable Aero and you aren't a domain admin, good luck to you.

Also, if you don't understand my acronyms, you should not be messing with it further.

Some of the acronyms I do not understand....I make up something why they can't have their pretty colors back

Back