TechSpot

After installing video card Windows 7 doesn't boot properly

By mikael6
Aug 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. yesterday when i installed the drivers of my new graphic card radeon hd 5770 windows 7 didn't work after bootup, instead of the welcomscreen i get a blackscreen and then i goes to a empty desktop (no icons, no startbutten, etc..). no programs will start not even taskmanager. windows repair finds no problem and the only way to solve it is to bootup in save mode and uninstall the video card. i've tried the drivers from the cd and those on the site. i use windows 7 64bit and i have a 550w powersupply. i hope someone can help me
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

after you uninstall all graphics drivers, boot up normally and install the latest driver set and the latest software suite from AMD/ATI (or try a slightly older set like 10.5 or 10.6). this will install additional components with the graphics drivers but may help fix the problem. once the installation is complete, restart the computer and try to boot normally. if you are still experiencing the problems, contact your graphics card manufacturer's tech support and submit a help ticket.
  3. darkty

darkty TS Rookie Posts: 53

Whats your PSU, Maybe your card needs more power..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.