After installing video card Windows 7 doesn't boot properly

yesterday when i installed the drivers of my new graphic card radeon hd 5770 windows 7 didn't work after bootup, instead of the welcomscreen i get a blackscreen and then i goes to a empty desktop (no icons, no startbutten, etc..). no programs will start not even taskmanager. windows repair finds no problem and the only way to solve it is to bootup in save mode and uninstall the video card. i've tried the drivers from the cd and those on the site. i use windows 7 64bit and i have a 550w powersupply. i hope someone can help me

after you uninstall all graphics drivers, boot up normally and install the latest driver set and the latest software suite from AMD/ATI (or try a slightly older set like 10.5 or 10.6). this will install additional components with the graphics drivers but may help fix the problem. once the installation is complete, restart the computer and try to boot normally. if you are still experiencing the problems, contact your graphics card manufacturer's tech support and submit a help ticket.

Back