After reinstalling Windows 2000

By asdfasdfasdf
Aug 19, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I use Windows 2000, and I have recently reinstalled my computer. Most of the files on my drive have been untouched and are untouched; however, there were these important files I should have make backups for. I only made a clean reinstall on my C Drive. For some unknown reason, several of my most important files disappeared as well as my games, and these were located in my other drive. I would then have many files with the extension .CHK with over 2000 of them! =O Also, I have several folders that can not be accessed anymore, but I do not know why. I have recovered a few files of these .CHK extensions with several programs, but unfortunately, I am having a rough time trying to recover the most important files which are my pics! At the moment, I am unable to recover them. I honestly do not care for the games and videos that have been lost except for the pics. I really need help, and these pics really mean a whole world to me. Please, I need help!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.