After Repairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfasdfasdf

Hi, I have recently repaired my Windows 2000. After repairing Windows 2000, I did not expect that all my files and programs would switch places to other drives. For example, the VLC Media Player was once in G Drive. Now, it is in H Drive. Also, my disc drives used to be I and J Drives, but it is now M and N Drives. Is there any way to change everything back to normal as it was once was without having to change the Target location of the desktop shortcut? I personally liked how everything it was before. Basically, my question is how to change everything back to normal as it was before repairing Windows 2000.

If there's no way in changing everything back to normal, I guess I will have to make a backup of everything in each of my drives, delete the drives, and then start everything over again by partitioning it if I can although it will be really frustrating for me.

Normally it should change like that but I think the only way you have to get it back as before is to backup all your files and re-install windows with new partition.

But before doing that try to repair windows 2000 once more and if it is the same then re-install windows

should be able to change em back in the old diskmgmt.msc...

Click Start -> Run -> type:diskmgmt.msc, Click OK

Right click on the drives/partitions you wish to change and select 'Change drive letter and paths'

hope this works in 2000!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back