Age of Empires 3 error about graphics

Your video hardware is below the recommended minimum requirements for Age of Empires III. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

System information: 2400 MHz, 512 MB, 64 MB 845 (vendorID 8086, deviceID 2562)

need help thankz......

Please give us more system information:

Your cpu, the amount of RAM (memory) installed, the make of your video card and model name/number, and your operating system.

If this is a Dell, HP, etc. either link us to the system or give us the make and full model number.

i have a dell
with windows xp professional
service pack 3

my CPU info
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.39 GHz,504 MB of RAM
that all......

Two things: Gaming under XP is best at 2 gigs of RAM and if I am reading correctly the information you gave us your video is onboard rather than a dedicated card, correct?

Your cpu meets the need and even though they say 256 megs of system memory is enough in all seriousness that is the bare minimum just to be able to run XP. Again, 2 gigs for gaming under XP is the sweet spot. I also came across this online:

Supported video hardware

* Your hardware must pass a system check when you start the game. If your video hardware did not pass the system check, you will receive one of the following error messages that indicate that Age of Empires III does not support the video hardware:

* Your video hardware is below the recommended minimum requirements for Age of Empires III. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

* Age of Empires III requires at least a 64 MB video card. This computer appears to have a less than 64 MB video card. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

* The video hardware is supported if it meets the memory requirement and passes the system check when you start Age of Empires III. For more information about graphic related issues that you may experience when you play Age of Empires III, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 907881 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907881/) Known graphics issues in Age of Empires III.

thank for for your help i got a web site that can check your computer to find out if u can run it or not
thanks

i will post a new subject on railroad tycoon 3

Back