Age Of Empires 3 The Asian Dynasties age up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing and reinstalling the Asian Dynasties numerous time I keep getting the same error which makes it impossible for me to create wonders that allow me to age up, I have searched on google but I cant find anyone else who has this problem,

If anyone else has received this error, or knows how to fix it, please can you help as it renders playing as any of the Asian Dynasties Civilisations impossible.

Thanks, Weeble

Attachments

• AOE3 Asian Dynasties Problems.JPG
    AOE3 Asian Dynasties Problems.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 4
Yes, I've just updated the game, and unfortunately it hasn't made any difference.

I forgot to say before that I have both expansion packs, but this only affects The Asian Dynasties, both AOE3 and The Warcheifs are unaffected. Do you think this could be a missing file or something similar in TAD?

It is a legitimate copy, but its second hand. Would there be any way to check if there are any missing files, and possibly download them, or would I have to get a new copy of the game?

EDIT

I just ran the AOE3 File Checker, It says that many of the files are invalid versions what does this mean?

I'm not sure what the problem is. Try cleaning the disk of grease, fingerprints, dirt, etc. Make sure there are no deep scratches. Then try an uninstall and reinstall. Then install the latest patch. The file checker should show the correct version after that. If that fails to fix it or if you've done that already, I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Just asking, I remember reading somewhere that multiple copies of the game can be installed with the same CD Key as long as you do not use the online features. For example, for LAN use, am I correct? Because I believe this was also true with the game Age of Mythology.

I don't have this game myself so I can only recommend that you check the EULA to see what is allowed for your game. You should be able to find the EULA by exploring the disk contents in Windows Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back