Age of Empires stops it installation half way through

Im trying to install Age of Empires 3 on Windows 7 32bit. And it installs up to the third disc, i insert the third disc and it just stops installing, the disc hasn't got any scratchs on the bottom and it has worked before!

Please describe your equipment, operating system, and configuration... memory, DVD drive, operating system, etc. Anything you suspect might be helpful to help us understand your system.

ADM Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Duel-core processor TK-55 1.80 Ghz
1.87 GB Ram
Thats all i can gather, i have two different acounts one admin, the other normal, i have tryed to install it on both the same thing happens

1.87 GB of Ram memory? Are you sure it is not 1.87 megabytes?
What is the operating system?
How much free space on the hard drive?
What brand of computer or motherboard and how old is it? Store bought or home made?
Have you defragged the hard drive/windows install?.

Yeh, Windows 7 32 bit,
i have 21GB free space,
Its a Dell Vostro 1000, store bought, 2 or 3 years old
last defrag was around 2 - 3 months ago, do you think a recent defrag would hep?

No, I do not... I just wanted to learn more about what you had installed... There are no simple clues...
But I still do not see how much memory is actually installed... 1.87 GB cannot be right... so please humor me with a bit more detail...
Resources are usually what it stops, in my experience... Are all memory modules the same speed, etc.? Without a better understanding of memory resources, that appears to be a possibility... You should have at least 4 GB of memory on that machine for Windows 7, methinks, and if it is 3 years old, you might want to try a repair install if that Dell operating system will allow it. I am guessing on limited memory resources or some sort of corruption on the hard drive after three years.
Were it mine, I would want to change hard drives and run a clean new install... as a test of your system and of Age of Empires... even though Age of Empires is not really very demanding.
From your description, something fairly simple and routine needs to be fixed.

Be sure that wne it is installed, you still have a minimum of 18 percent free space on the hard drive...

It's possible that Windows is reading an odd number like 1.87gb of RAM. It tends to happen when a certain amount of the available RAM is being utilized by an integrated graphics card or other peripheral that requires system memory to function.

While the minimum system requirements for Windows 7 32-bit is only 1gb, I agree with raybay that the relatively low amount of system memory could be causing an issue. However, I would think you would see other errors before you would have installation issues.

pclifford5 I know you mentioned you have installed just fine with the discs in the past, but I would try installing the game on another PC just to be sure.

If the discs work and installation on another PC is successful, I would suggest trying to install another program of equal or greater size on the PC giving you the problem and see if you have similar results. If you do, it may point to an issue regarding hard drive space or RAM.

Back