TechSpot

AI hardware

By bretty
Jul 26, 2002
  1. Is there a possibility for these? They would be a very nice asset to have in a PC.

2 questions though

How would you write drivers for these, and would it be worth buying another thing to have to upgrade every 3 months.

2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

AI as in artificial intelligence? Well, things would be so different you really woudn't consider hardware as we know it.

4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

AI hardware?

Would that not basically be a processor of some sort? Perhaps the drivers could interact betwen the system and AI device on a level that the driver decides when intelligent behavior is appropriate.

Not really sure what you mean.

And upgrading every 3 months? hehe. That is likely.. Actually, a well designed device that delivers some sort of sentient AI should have the intelligence to improve upon itself, upgrading itself over as it ages.. Learning new things etc..

I personally like my computer to tell me yes or no instead of yes, no and "maybe". Scary thought.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.