AIM/facebook virus

By pokey
Apr 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, i have recently been infected with the facebook/AIM virus. I have not found any symptoms of the virus (I'm not even sure what it does--if someone could direct me to an informational page about this virus, that would be great) but I have been working to eradicate it before it possibly does any damage. My logs are attached. (HJT, Combofix)

The AVG antispyware log is not working so well for me, i cannot find a way to make a log that doesn't show the 'ignore' or 'no action taken' error even though i quarantined all results in 2 separate full scans.

I have followed the preliminary removal instructions to the letter except for one part in Step 14--which is running the program: 'Ad-Aware personal SE' in safe mode. Please let me know if it is required.

The Panda Antirootkit has found nothing.

Thank you.
  2. tim_tank

tim_tank Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

I would suggest using a anitvirus progam called "Adaware" I use it and it works magic :p Or if for some reason that doesn't work just uninstall AIM/MSN and delete all the folders/items you got or received for those 2 programs and then reinstall..I have had my MSN send ppl viruses too and that is what I did, hope that helps and for facebook im not to sure, only thing I can think of is clear all internet memory as well as cookies.. not sure about that one sorry . hope the aim info helps
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.