Aim virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

hi,

Thiis computer recently had and aim virus that i removed via Aimfix, im just wondering if the log looks clean otherwise

thanks

If all you're looking for is some feedback on the cleanliness of your logfile, here's my opinion.
First off, I can see you're using Vista, correct?

* Please note that I only glanced over your log, and am offering an opinion. Any decisions you choose to make are being done at your own risk, and Aurellosoft Computer Security does not take any responsibility for your actions. *

Things that look suspicious:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [oovoo.exe] C:\Program Files\ooVoo\oovoo.exe /minimized
O2 - BHO: ooVoo Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-8087-36EE87E26986} - C:\PROGRA~1\OOVOOT~1\OOVOOT~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: ooVoo Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-8087-36EE87E26986} - C:\PROGRA~1\OOVOOT~1\OOVOOT~1.DLL

Valid program that are not required to run on startup:
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe

Junk Entries: (Can be removed)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Marvell Yukon Service (yksvc) - Unknown owner - RUNDLL32.EXE (file missing)

I also noted
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Gateway Games\Gateway Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
Which is sometimes detected as Adware.WildTangent, however, removing it can cause the WildTangent programs to stop working. So you may want to delete it if you no longer use the games associated with it.

Thanks, im hesitent to remove anything with oovoo because they use it but i did remove some aim viruses with aimfix.exe

Hmm, I see the dilemma.

Just remember, I didn't do any hard research, I just glanced over your log real quick so the final decision is really up to you.

As long as you aren't having any other symptoms, then I'll give you an all clear. :)

yea i think im good, i ran many anti malware programs and avria and everything was negative, thanks i just like getting a 2nd opinion to see if i missed anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back