AIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with Aim 6.8 it wont launch. It will pop up for 1 second then disappear. I have reinstalling it and nothing will work. What should I do?

Drop AIM like a hot rock. Get something useful from a provider that covers your area.... or MSN, Qwest, Earthlink, ATT, and so on.
AOL is going belly up... and shopping for a Chinese buyer... then watch your tech support suffer...
Still, I understand you need to find the cause of the problem... so tell us more about your computer configuration, memory, operating system, etc.

AIM is a message protocol, even if AOL went completely under, their IM protocol is so widely used someone else would grab it up. You don't have to even use the AIM client, almost any 3rd party IM client supports it.

So what I'd suggest is at least temporarly trying something like Trillian. That way you can narrow it down to an AIM 6.8 issue, or an actual protocol issue like blocked ports by your ISP or firewall.

If I had to make a cheap quick guess, I'd consider that maybe AIM 6.8 has been updated, and your problem resides somewhere with that. But I don't know for sure. Test out my trillian idea and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back