Akamai net session

Hi I am new to tech spots
and I have a serious problem
I play a lot of online fps games, I havent been in town for a week and today when I played my system froze
the light in my mouse went off, then after looking into compmgmt.msc I got this frm the system log

error:
The Akamai NetSession Interface service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found.

what happened to my system pls tell me the steps to rectify it.

That has nothing to do with your USB ports not working.

Does the problem persist after a reboot? What do malware/virus scans show up?

For anyone wondering where this program came from, apparently it is automatically installed now when you update your "Adobe Flash Player" it's noted in the fine print of the agreement when installing the updates,...
Windows Uninstall
  1. In the Windows Control Panel, run Add or Remove Programs.
  2. Select Akamai NetSession Interface
  3. Click Change/Remove, then click Yes to confirm your choice.

Windows Uninstall
  1. In the Windows Control Panel, run Add or Remove Programs.
  2. Select Akamai NetSession Interface
  3. Click Change/Remove, then click Yes to confirm your choice.

What exactly does it do? I have it in my programs but I dont touch it since I do not know what it is. Is it safe to uninstall it?

Akamai is a content delivery company. Tons of other companies use it. I'm not so sure, but I believe it works to off-load server requests from browsers from the main company (e.g. Facebook) and 'deliver the content' via Akamai servers. :p

It's all commercial tracking and advert stuff - - just UNINSTALL !

But why are we all suggesting this if OP's mouse light turned off? :( I don't think Akamai is his problem haha.

One step at a time; Akamai CRASHed, so just on principle, either fix it or uninstall it. Peel the onion to get to the core :)

Back