TechSpot

Akamai net session

1. Hi I am new to tech spots
    and I have a serious problem
    I play a lot of online fps games, I havent been in town for a week and today when I played my system froze
    the light in my mouse went off, then after looking into compmgmt.msc I got this frm the system log

error:
    The Akamai NetSession Interface service terminated with the following error:
    The specified module could not be found.

what happened to my system pls tell me the steps to rectify it.

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,476   +624

That has nothing to do with your USB ports not working.

Does the problem persist after a reboot? What do malware/virus scans show up?

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,476   +329

Windows Uninstall
    1. In the Windows Control Panel, run Add or Remove Programs.
    2. Select Akamai NetSession Interface
    3. Click Change/Remove, then click Yes to confirm your choice.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

What exactly does it do? I have it in my programs but I dont touch it since I do not know what it is. Is it safe to uninstall it?

5. St1ckM4n

Akamai is a content delivery company. Tons of other companies use it. I'm not so sure, but I believe it works to off-load server requests from browsers from the main company (e.g. Facebook) and 'deliver the content' via Akamai servers. :p

6. jobeard

It's all commercial tracking and advert stuff - - just UNINSTALL !

7. St1ckM4n

But why are we all suggesting this if OP's mouse light turned off? :( I don't think Akamai is his problem haha.

8. jobeard

One step at a time; Akamai CRASHed, so just on principle, either fix it or uninstall it. Peel the onion to get to the core :)

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

Wow, Akamai just went on my hate list. Don't worry, EA is still at the bottom. Lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.