Alien: Isolation Review: An intense horror game and heartfelt tribute

By Jos
Oct 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. alien isolation review

While many a video game has been designed for people who enjoy killing aliens, Alien: Isolation can only have been created for people who derive some perverse pleasure out of being killed by an alien.

Sometimes the alien will kill you while you're running away, and sometimes while you're hiding under a table. Sometimes it will play with you before killing you, and other times it will kill you while you check email. Regardless of how it happens, rest assured that the alien will kill you. Often. That is what the bulk of Alien: Isolation consists of: Being mercilessly murdered, over and over again, by a horrifying, eight-foot-tall monster from outer space.

If that's your thing, though, it's pretty good stuff.

Read the complete review.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  2. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,803   +483

It's one of the best horror games you'll ever play. Buy it now!
  3. Gokuhouse

Gokuhouse TS Rookie

Great review! I've found myself pretty much in sneak mode nearly the entire first few hours. Figured I would just get used to it early on. I would recommend getting this game if you're currently on the fence about. Worth it!
    Julio Franco likes this.
  4. DanUK

DanUK TS Booster Posts: 211   +9

Have been sitting on the fence about this one. Good review though, have loved the Alien movies (particularly the first) for ages and this seems like a good attempt to make a game out of it.
    Julio Franco likes this.
  5. DanUK

DanUK TS Booster Posts: 211   +9

Found it was going for £19 on G2A and couldnt resist.. only 30 or 40 minutes in and its already shitting me right up. Good stuff.
  6. Mike89

Mike89 TS Enthusiast Posts: 27   +6

I like this game. For me the atmosphere in this game was simply stunning and engrossing. That Alien irritated the crap out of me at times but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the game as a whole. I felt like I was in the game. The visuals were incredible to me and the sound effects were spectacular. The reviewer didn't talk about the sound aspect of this game but holy moly did it add the realism. I'm not talking about music either as I always turn it off in games. Whoever was in charge of putting the sounds in this game absolutely nailed it! I wasn't even aware of this game until it was here and almost passed it up. Man I'm sure glad I didn't.
  7. Phr3d

Phr3d TS Booster Posts: 214   +39

Great Review! I don't when last I laughed so often in a review about a game, or nodded in agreement on specifics.
    DanUK likes this.