TechSpot

Alien Swarm gets "brutal" difficulty, updated AI Director, more

By Matthew
Aug 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. If you've played Alien Swarm you can probably agree that it's a fantastically polished game (especially for free), but it's nonetheless repetitive and can be a bit easy. In fact, Valve says the most requested additions are more variety as well as greater difficulty, and it's tried to answer that feedback with a new update.

Read the whole story

2. It is an awesome game. This new update shall make things much more interesting.

Cheers!

3. Flamethrower = easy win

4. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TS Member Posts: 87

Just starting playing Alien Swarm and it is a wonderful game, particularly considering it's FREE. Well done, Valve.

5. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

too bad my PC can't run this game, but soon ... i shall join the party :p

cheers!

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +684

I got it the day it came out and the next day I went to a Lan with 3 friends, Turns out they all had it too and love it! we LAN'd it till about 3 in the morning.

All I can do is congradulate Valve in some how making such a polished free game.
    Not as good as the UT2004 Mods but thats because I like my FPS's :p

7. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

I really like Alien Swarm, it's great fun and it's free but 'insane' difficulty is ridiculous it's so hard and adding an even harder difficulty is as they say 'adding insult to injury' =P

If you can speak English(or Cymraeg =/) my steam ID is Mischievous47 if you want to play sometime.