TechSpot

Alienware M11x gets Core i5, i7 and Nvidia Optimus

By Matthew
Jun 8, 2010
  1. As expected, Dell has infused its 11-inch gaming notebook with Intel's latest processors. The new base model starts at $949 – a $150 increase from the six-month-old Core 2 Duo-based machine, which is also still available. The extra cash nets you 1.06GHz Core i5-520UM, and for another $150 ($1,099 for the total system) you can add a 1.2GHz Core i7-640UM. Additionally, to offset the extra muscle, Core i5 and i7-equipped models ship with Nvidia's Optimus automated graphics switching technology.

Read the whole story

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,811   +571

Lol! my Girlfriends dad just recieved his and bought it 2 weeks ago! so he just missed the newer models! haha! ow well, better luck next time.

I told him gaming laptops are pointless...

3. So for the $950 base system I will get a computer with 2 GB of RAM and a 160 GB Hard drive? WOW, massive FAIL.

4. Burty117

Yeah but it "Looks cool" and is small (doesn't even have a CD drive) so it will sell. At least thats why my GF's dad bought it... ***** (if he's reading =)

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

The price actually isnt that bad if you're looking for something portable you can game with.

6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,248   +92

Guest, can you direct us to a similarly compact notebook with an i5, discrete graphics on par with the GeForce GT 335M, and Nvidia Optimus technology for less than $950?

7. Burty117

Just to let everyone know, I thought I'd have a play with this laptop and I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 to run in (almost) full! at the full res of the screen as well!

Actually for a gaming laptop its not half bad! but the proccessor does let it down a bit but I think thats just because it wasn't the higher version.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.