TechSpot

Alienware M11x gets Core i5, i7 and Nvidia Optimus

By Matthew
Jun 8, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As expected, Dell has infused its 11-inch gaming notebook with Intel's latest processors. The new base model starts at $949 – a $150 increase from the six-month-old Core 2 Duo-based machine, which is also still available. The extra cash nets you 1.06GHz Core i5-520UM, and for another $150 ($1,099 for the total system) you can add a 1.2GHz Core i7-640UM. Additionally, to offset the extra muscle, Core i5 and i7-equipped models ship with Nvidia's Optimus automated graphics switching technology.

Read the whole story

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

Lol! my Girlfriends dad just recieved his and bought it 2 weeks ago! so he just missed the newer models! haha! ow well, better luck next time.

I told him gaming laptops are pointless...

3. So for the $950 base system I will get a computer with 2 GB of RAM and a 160 GB Hard drive? WOW, massive FAIL.

4. Burty117

Yeah but it "Looks cool" and is small (doesn't even have a CD drive) so it will sell. At least thats why my GF's dad bought it... ***** (if he's reading =)

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

The price actually isnt that bad if you're looking for something portable you can game with.

6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,065   +84 Staff Member

Guest, can you direct us to a similarly compact notebook with an i5, discrete graphics on par with the GeForce GT 335M, and Nvidia Optimus technology for less than $950?

7. Burty117

Just to let everyone know, I thought I'd have a play with this laptop and I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 to run in (almost) full! at the full res of the screen as well!

Actually for a gaming laptop its not half bad! but the proccessor does let it down a bit but I think thats just because it wasn't the higher version.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.