Alienware M14x packs quad-core Sandy Bridge, GT 555M

By Matthew
Apr 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. More details on Dell's upcoming 14-inch Alienware gaming notebook have surfaced courtesy of a Chinese tech site. Zol has confirmed that at least one iteration of the M14x will be equipped with an 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce GT 555M graphics, which should offer a respectable gaming experience. Displays will include a 1366x768 or 1920x1080 panel.

Read the whole story
  2. Geez, at least wipe the finger prints off before taking a pic........
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 947   +45

yeeeeeeesss... That's the kind of specs/form factor I'm looking for~

Never was a fan of the Alienware look though.
  4. tacobfm

tacobfm Newcomer, in training Posts: 59

I guess we won't be arsed when they tell us the pice.
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Modern games will run like crap (OK, that's an exaggeration) on the 1920x1080 panel with the GeForce GT 555M. For the smaller resolution though, it's perfect gaming laptop.

However, don't expect to run games like BFBC2 and other DX11 games at 30+ fps @1920x1080....
  6. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Oh well, I just bought the Dell XPS 15 today
  7. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 947   +45

@lawfer: While I agree with your general statement, I personally would want the resolution for desktop real estate rather than for gaming. That being said I wouldn't mind running games at a lower resolution. However if you want to run games at the native resolution, well that's why there is a lower resolution panel (and you'll save some money to boot).
  8. realista69

realista69 Newcomer, in training

I know right, where you guys take that computer before taking a pic...KFC maybe???
  9. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 714   +28

1366X768 is a good res for that size screen. Should really fly as long as that card is decent. Add damage protection etc and it will be crazy money.
  10. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,038   +72

+1 yukka
    along with some form of alarm if someone touch it 'inappropriately' ;)
  11. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

Puts "I've been touched by one of those spacemen!" in a whole new perspective, doesn't it?

12. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Yeah... that's exactly why I said the lower resolution one is the perfect one...?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.