Alienware not sending signal to monitor, seeking help

hey,

I just got a new alienware desktop, i connected to the monitor via the dvi cable last night and was working great. I shut it down and when i wake up i try and start it up. It boots (at least it sounds like it does), but there is no image on my monitor. I restart a couple times no go. So i unplug the monitor and reconnect it, no luck. the monitor will pop up the digital signal input when i plug it in, but wont display anything from the computer. I tried the monitor on another computer, it works great. So I try the dsub cable, and do all the same. Same situation. I try connecting both at the same time, no go, I try the alternative monitor jack, no go.
Needless to say im very frustrated. Im Computer literate, but certainly no expert. It just doesnt seem to make any sense to me. It worked great last night and now nothing. the computer has been in consistant temp and environment and certainly hasnt been smacked. haha

Any help would be great!

Cboydrun

Which model is your Alienware and which video card is installed?

hm ... Is the dsub port on your computer part of your video card or is it from your mother-board's on board graphics chip?

I'm hoping you'll be able to temporarily use your system's integrated video chip on boot-up instead of your graphics card. Then you might be able to resolve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling your video card's drivers.

Back