All I get on my display is green lines

counterweight

I was trying to play empire total war and when i tryed to play a multiplayer game my computer would freeze and the display turned pink. So i had to unplug the comp and restart. i went though this at least three times and then when i tryed to restart the computer all i got on my display was green lines. And a message saying that it was trying to fix itself, but couldnt do it. If someone can help me that would be great. Thank you

What are the specifications of your computer? Probability is something is wrong with your graphic card.

Just in case, also ensure that monitor cables are correctly attached with your system. Regards

Thank you very much for responding. I pulled my graphics card out today and put it back in just to make sure the connections were tight, and that made no difference. my graphics card is a nvidia 8600 e-gforce. Everytime I turn on the computer it wont even take me to the area where I put in my password, just green lines and a message saying that it will try to fix itself. And it says that it cant fix itself that the problem most likely is unspecified changes to system configuration. Whatever that means. As you can tell I know nothing about computers. Gateway Gt 5428 with vista intel pentium processor 935 64 bit processor hard drive 250 gb.

Is this your system?

According to this link your computer also have onboard vga (provided they are using the same board). Can you locate any other VGA port on your computer where your monitor can be connected?

If it is available, please pull out your graphic card and attach your monitor to that port and try to boot the system.

Thank you very much! My computer is working again. Now I need to get a new graphics card. But im grateful that I dont need a new computer. Thank you, Thankyou, Thank you

You are most welcome, and if you need any further assistance or advice with regard to purchase of new graphic card please do let us know. Regards

I do need to replace my graphics card because I cant play my Total war games with the stock one thats on my computer. The nvidia 8600 gforce worked pretty good but it only has 258mg of memory. So I was wondering what would be a better graphics card than what I had? Thank you for all your help.

What is your budget?

However, considering your system's specs, and assuming that it has stock oem PSU, I wouldn't want to put something which needs significantly more power than your damaged card.

This Geforce 9500GT should be ok IMO. However, if you want bit more Oomph and willing to spend some money on a new 400W PSU as well, then in the lower mainstream level Radeon HD 5670 is not a bad buy either.

Back