TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

All internet sites work except facebook wont fully load

By Tinkker33
May 6, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. All of my internet sites are fast and load completely. When I go to the Facebook page it will load the starting screen but will show up blank as I scroll down the feed. It also will not load if I click on messages, notifications (though it shows the number that I have), or allow me to create events or such. It just gives a small circle that shows that it is trying to load, but then doesn't.
    upload_2016-5-6_16-34-51.png

This happens on both internet and Google chrome.
    This is also a home computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,815   +324

Scan for malware, uninstall app, download fresh & re-install

3. Tinkker33

Tinkker33 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for trying to help. I have scanned my computer fully and find nothing. I also am not using the app on my Windows I am right on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
    Any other ideas?

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,815   +324

Eliminates that.
    Flush DNS ( https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781949(v=ws.10).aspx )
    Complete Power Cycle: Turn off Computer, Router and Modem, leave all off for 30 seconds and restart beginning with Modem and ending with Computer.