All of a sudden Microsoft Outlook 2007 lost its profile

zillah

Dear Experts

Today I was fixing networking issue for one of my client (router and a parallel HP printer).

He is using a desktop with windows XP professional SP3

During my work on his computer I used two softwares which are CClenaer (tune up his computer browser ) and Kyocera Printer Driver Deleter to remove the driver for the HP printer (it was not working properly)

When I finished my work Before I left his office he was able to download a file from his outlook (used as mail client for his ISP) 2007 (means it was working), to test the printer if it prints or not.

I chose an option : “Install windows updates and shutdown” and I left his office then I received a call from him telling me that his outlook is not finding a file :
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\omrion\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\tets.pst

When I drove back to his office and checked the file “test.pst” I could not find such a file in the location above(i.e C:\Documents and Settings\omrion\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) !!!!!!

For sure I had not touched his outlook when I was working the first time.

I felt embarrassed he might have thought that I had damage his outlook.

I checked the Control Panel --> Mail --> Data Files I found those 3 profiles :
Code:
Name			    Path
-------			    ---------
Omrion’s email          Outlook.pst in C:\emailfile
Personal Folders        Outlook.pst in C:\omrion\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
I forget name             test.pst in C:\Documents and Settings\omrion\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
I am not sure what he had all those three files!!!

The size of the first two profiles (Outlook.pst) are almost 2 GB

The size of test.pst 1 KB hence I deleted it

What should I do to fix this issue ?

He told me that such a problem (he could not recall the exact issue) happened before and someone came to fix that issue for him

I tried to use either one of : Outlook.pst in C:\emailfile or Outlook.pst in C:\omrion\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

All I can see the old emails till 2009 but not afterwards !!!!!

Can ccleaner or Kyocera Printer Driver Deleter cause this problem ?

How can I fix the problem ? It is an urgent issue please

Regards

There's a few options here.

If it is urgent the very first thing that I would do is use a data recovery software to try to obtain the missing test.pst file and overwrite the new one considering that the new one is only 1kb in size.

Check ccleaner log and see if it deleted it/restore it if possible.

Check recycling bin.

Make sure you are navigating to his profile under documents and settings and not another's that may look similar.

Back