All of a sudden, my games lags

Hey there.

I recently bought and installed the game Godus. After I installed the game, lots of my other games started lagging horribly, and with horribly I mean below 10 fps. To mention a few (if it helps), theres the following: Rising storm, Dead Island: Riptide, Planetside 2.

Ive tried to run SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Tuneup Utilities 2014 and I have AVG antivirus installed.

I have the latest java drivers, flash drivers and nvidia drivers.

This is my specs:
Running Win 7 ulti 64 bit.
Core i5-2500k 3,3 GHz
8 gigs of ram
GeForce GTX 570
and the MB is a Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3

Any help/fixes/solutions or suggestions is MUCH appreciated, as this is starting to annoy me quite a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried to uninstall the Godus game to see if that fixes the problem? Even if it doesn't, its worth a try. You can always re-install it afterwards if it does or doesn't correct the issue.

I checked the restore points when I used Tuneup Utilities as it suggested me to delete them. So before going through with the cleanup through Tuneup, I head into system restore and saw it only goes 2 days back. Godus was installed 6 days ago :/

So again something I couldnt benefit from.

It's not 100% right to say it happened because of Godus, but more WHEN Godus was installed.

Back