All of a sudden, my games lags

By Krogh83
Sep 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey there.

I recently bought and installed the game Godus. After I installed the game, lots of my other games started lagging horribly, and with horribly I mean below 10 fps. To mention a few (if it helps), theres the following: Rising storm, Dead Island: Riptide, Planetside 2.

Ive tried to run SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Tuneup Utilities 2014 and I have AVG antivirus installed.

I have the latest java drivers, flash drivers and nvidia drivers.

This is my specs:
    Running Win 7 ulti 64 bit.
    Core i5-2500k 3,3 GHz
    8 gigs of ram
    GeForce GTX 570
    and the MB is a Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3

Any help/fixes/solutions or suggestions is MUCH appreciated, as this is starting to annoy me quite a lot.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TechSpot Booster Posts: 100   +12

Have you tried to uninstall the Godus game to see if that fixes the problem? Even if it doesn't, its worth a try. You can always re-install it afterwards if it does or doesn't correct the issue.
  3. Krogh83

Krogh83 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I did just after I posted this thread.
    Didn't work :/

Could it be .net framework ?
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

Try restoring your PC to a previous date.
  5. Krogh83

Krogh83 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I checked the restore points when I used Tuneup Utilities as it suggested me to delete them. So before going through with the cleanup through Tuneup, I head into system restore and saw it only goes 2 days back. Godus was installed 6 days ago :/

So again something I couldnt benefit from.

It's not 100% right to say it happened because of Godus, but more WHEN Godus was installed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.