All Online Games Lag Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Techspot forum members..
if you guys can please help me on this,

i'm having problems connecting to all possible online games,and if it does connect,then the lag is unbearable..or just disconnects after a few seconds.

i'm using a router,a 2Wire 1800HG,of the comments i've seen this is an absolute wonderful router Wireless-USB(Via Phoneline)-Ethernet combined.

i've had a 1.5 MBPS connection a few days ago,was lagging horribly on online-games,so i told my dad to upgrade our bandwidth,we've upgraded it to 5 MBPS and still no beneficial change..

gotta say that my Web-Browsing speed is super-fast,download speed is about 300-500 Kbps on average-fast servers.

i think that i've tried all possible solutions,DMZ+ Mode,XP Firewall is off,registry changes,TCP optimizers,updated drivers,changing router setting by the Homeportal,forwarding ports for specific games,nothing helps.

The router is connected to 3 computers,their specs are much over the recommended level to play those online-games,they all lag,badly.

don't have any clue what to do next..i really need help on this one.

(Also,even if most of those games are hosted over-seas,went to some friends of mine and installed those games,they were going super-smooth,and my friend's connection is even slower than mine's...)

would be happy to share any additional information regarding the router and the PC,etc..

thanks in advance

all 3 PCs have Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB,2 Gig Ram,7200 RPM Hard-Drives,Dual Core 2.6 Ghz,Realtek RTL8102E Family-Network Card.enough for all the online games you need..

I live in israel,therefore all of the net providers that i could write here would be unfamiliar.

well could give some details about the way i connect.

we have 3 PCs at home and one laptop,2 PCs are connected to the router via phoneline to USB-Network Adapter,my PC is connected right to the router via ethernet,laptop is connected via wireless network.

all of the computers with no exception lag bad at all online games.

Current Bandwidth-5mbps.

i use no additional firewalls besides the one that is built inside my router,which is currently disabled(DMZ+ mode) at my PC.even disabled my NOD32.

thanks for further help :)

any specific games this occurs in?
are you connecting to foreign servers E.G. UK,US,FR,GER?
try running this http://www.speedtest.net/ and seeing what your ping is and then post back
LEAVE ANTIVIRUS ON you will die otherwise, it shouldn't affect the ping

IJJI games(Lunia and Gunz),Korean Survival Project,Gunbound,Rakion,MU Online..etc..

currently trying to play IJJI Lunia and Korean Survival Project.

have checked Speedtest.Net many times before,to Seoul-South Korea i'm having a really high ping(about 700-800) but to North America i have around 200-300ms Ping.

thing is,when i go to my friends house,a couple of streets from here,who has half the bandwidth of what i have,his online games are skyrocketing,no delay,even to korea.
weird~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back