All PC Games Freeze Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I rencently Purchased a new tower about 3 weeks ago,

It was all pre installed & ready to go.

So i installed a ArmA:Armed Assault, it got to the main menu and crashed.

So i restarted , it played for an hour and then the screen froze or it would restarted my computer alltogether.

So i took it back to the shop and guy put a another graphics card in the tower.

I got it back and its still doing the same .

It can crash randomly , after 1 hour of play or after 10 mins , or after 2 mins even.

So i tryed it with another game Day Of Defeat Soruce From Steam . Basically it will play smoothly for about an hour max then crash , then when i go to play it again after restarting it will play for less time and so on , lesser & lesser Game time..

This is really getting anoying i have updated my Graphics Driver & Dircect x and so on.

My GPU idle is at 55 Degree's and 59-60 maybe more during game play.

What i find weird to is when the screen freezes i will hear a fuzzy noise comming from the speakers , Most of the time.

Here are my spec's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

GALAXY GeForce 9500 GT with 1GB of RAM DDR2

5.1 Channel Audio

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Help will be greatly appreciated as this is an on going problem

I have tryed uninstalling my graphics card tests say all drivers are working fine.

I am puzzled

Thanks guys for your time

Jean-Paul :D

hmmm sounds like the video card is overheating is the 9500 gt you have overclocked if it is try downclocking it just a bit. Do you know how to overclock? if you download precision evga tool to overclock you can set the fan speed higher to alleviate some of the heat you may be having.

hmmm sounds like the video card is overheating is the 9500 gt you have overclocked if it is try downclocking it just a bit. Do you know how to overclock? if you download precision evga tool to overclock you can set the fan speed higher to alleviate some of the heat you may be having.

No it's not overclocked, I think i found the problem , Games like Day of defeat source doesnt really go well with DX 10.0 ,

And when i install my GPU Driver it auto installs DX 10 with it ,

I have no idea how to to uninstall DX 10 and install DX 9.0 ,

rollbackers ask you to buy , its really silly , is there a fully free alt ?

my GPU only runs with SP3 but i have Xp home edtion and thats why my gpu install's direct x 10'

well i think this is problem as everything esle is running fine both fans on CPU and GPU are going good and its cool as a cucumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back