All programs crashing at random, bsod...

By Ringwraith
Mar 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok here is my problem,

Whenever i am playing a game, it eventually crashes, resulting in a blue screen, frozen comp, or it just crashes the game. Msn crashes at random aswell. And occasionally a blue screen just appears from nowhere.

An extra 300gb of memory was just put into our comp, for a reason I dont know why, and a message pops up every time i start up my profile saying "couldnt install hardware, hardware may not function properly" sort of thing. I think this may be the culprit for some of the problems. Previously, we had to get a new video card because ours was messed and would always bring up a blue screen. The new one we were given under warenty was the next grade up as they didnt make the old one anymore. The one we have now is e-GeForce 7300 Gt by nvidia. Its supposed to be a pretty good one.

This is what it says under my computer properties: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 3800+
    2.06 GHz, 1.00 GB of Ram
    Physical Address Extension

Our comp is supposed to be pretty good.

I have tried different anti-virus programs and none could come up with anything.

Plz help me!!!!!! It has been going on for a while now and its really ticking me off!!!!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.