TechSpot

Allsop air duster

By Spruce
Jun 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi

Does anyone here have any experience of Allsop Airduster or Allsop cleaning products in general? is it good?

2. Spruce

Spruce TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 33

If we put it like this, is compressed air a good and relatively safe method to clean fans and other components?

3. xcylent

xcylent TS Booster Posts: 267   +17

yeah compressed air is probably the best way to clean dusty computer components

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,262   +1,551

Seeing how I use an Air Compressor at 150 PSI for all my dusting and have done so for 20 years, I have to say yes using compressed air is a safe way to clean electronic (not just computer) components.

5. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

You don't want to use a vacuum to clean computers, The vacuum's motor can generate a huge amount of static electricity that can fry electronics.

6. Spruce

Spruce TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 33

Ok, thanks for the replies :)

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

You may want to place a finger on a fan blade before spraying them. I know its fun to make them spin up to 15,000 rpm, but it probably isn't real good on them.

Having said that, I rarely do that and I just let them spin away. But I don't think getting them up higher than their rated speed, particularly in reverse, is a very good idea for the longevity of the fan.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.