Allsop air duster

Spruce

Hi

Does anyone here have any experience of Allsop Airduster or Allsop cleaning products in general? is it good?

If we put it like this, is compressed air a good and relatively safe method to clean fans and other components?

If we put it like this, is compressed air a good and relatively safe method to clean fans and other components?
Seeing how I use an Air Compressor at 150 PSI for all my dusting and have done so for 20 years, I have to say yes using compressed air is a safe way to clean electronic (not just computer) components.

You don't want to use a vacuum to clean computers, The vacuum's motor can generate a huge amount of static electricity that can fry electronics.

You may want to place a finger on a fan blade before spraying them. I know its fun to make them spin up to 15,000 rpm, but it probably isn't real good on them.

Having said that, I rarely do that and I just let them spin away. But I don't think getting them up higher than their rated speed, particularly in reverse, is a very good idea for the longevity of the fan.

Back