Almost daily BSOD on Windows 7. Maybe hard drive?

NeedHelp2012

Been having this issue, my friend thought he resolved it but I'd really like to know if I should replace my hard drive, or if this is a memory issue. He ran a memory test and no errors came up. Also I have updated BIOS and Video Card Drivers.

I attached my dxdiag and the issue that windows told me about when I restarted my computer this morning from the blue screen.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    26 KB · Views: 1
  • Problems.txt
    726 bytes · Views: 1
How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Okay it took me forever just to give myself the permissions to do so, but I just attached it. Thank you so much for helping me. My Girlfriend basically got a "sister" computer to me, and seems to be screwing up as well. Don't know if its from the same thing or not.

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
I had the same thing happen with two PCs. Both had almost identical hardware running XP and both were getting Blue Screens of Death. Through reading minidump files by someone here it was a Sunbelt Firewalll driver that was the culprit which both systems had installed. When I read of similar issues with your girlfriend's "sister" computer my first suspicion was driver/software loaded on both PCs.

So the question is, what do these two PCs have in common? Do both of you use Apple products? The driver applecharger.sys that was cited as the specific cause of your one crash. This driver is to direct your system to charge Apple hardware.

Um, we both have itunes installed. We have itouches, though I have not used my computer to charge my Ipod. We both have had crashes at seperate times, Hers has just now crashed. Mine crashed after like the 3rd day we had our computers.
Should i deleted Itunes? What specifics should i list off?

Okay here's her minidump file. So far she's only had one. But it's crashed twice so far.

Attachments

• MiniDump-GF Pc.zip
    19 KB · Views: 1
Microcenter is a good place. Please tell your friend that from everything I could find applercharger.sys is a motherboard driver for powering up Apple hardware.

Then ask him to go to the motherboard's website, find the exact model motherboard and see if they have updates for said motherboard.

Okay, my motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, and i believe he checked it earlier and it was fine. I'll go look myself. But i mean is this something i can just disable so i don't have to further deal with this problem?

Did the problem happen on both computers?

Thank you so much btw for helping me. :) its much appreciated.

The second computer's minidump file also reported this driver. Again, from what I have read it is a driver to enable the motherboard to power up Apple devices. I don't know if disabling it will rectify the situation but since it isn't an essential driver you should be okay if you do.

Look at this link: http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=AppleCharger.sys

It also appears to be a driver that comes with your Gigabyte utility software CD: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,3927.0.html

So i just uninstalled the On/Off Charge that was on my system. I remember accidentally installing the utilities with the Motherboard CD that comes with. So either way its gone now, and i will see if any more crashes happen. Thank you for your help sir!

I'll post on this once again if the BSOD comes back. :) thanks!

Okay guys so sadly its happened again. I dunno why, I renamed the applecharger.sys file so it shouldn't be that this time. I just wish these stupid screens would go away already!!

It seems like both computers also BSOD'd almost at the same time from what I can tell. Happened just last night. For whatever the file has a little "lock" icon on the zip file. Hope that doesn't mean you guys can't open it. It just randomly did that. If thats the case please tell me how I can fix that for you guys. Sorry to be bugging you again :(

Attachments

• Newest Minidump Screwup.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
Your error is 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

The Windows driver cited is csrss.exe. Csrss stands for Client/Server Run-Time Subsystem, and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and implementing some portions of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment.

* Update your wireless/networking drivers for your exact motherboard from Gigabyte.

* If that doesn't work we may need to do a Windows Repair.

* If you have any more recent mindump files please attach in your next post.

So I installed some Gigabyte like LAN Updates for windows 7. Because thats all I could find that was in networking. I can provide you the page I was looking at in GIgabytes page if you're interested.

Here's the newest minidump from later today when I crashed. I also need to give you my girlfriends, in a second post because I have to get it on her computer.

EDIT: Just added GF's issues on her comp

Attachments

• 092511-26504-01.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 2
  • GFs Comp issues.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 2
Both are the same 0x4F errors and both cite MS Windows drivers as the cause. The thing with OS drivers is that they are usually not the issue; they more so say there is an issue without much more diagnostic help.

You do have the OS disk for both systems, correct?

Yeah i do, what do you want me to do? Do you want me to just wait for a day or so to see if it crashes again before i do anything else?

Computer crashed in the process of trying to type a full message. My computer is fine, installed the LAN drivers on both computers. Mine seems fine for the moment, no BSOD's. Here's the newest Minidump file for my GF's computer.

I don't know if she really "Crashed" saw no bsod, but we were also watching a movie so its not like it happened in front of us. Just asked us for the Operating system disc, on a black screen. (like a start up screen)

Attachments

• Newest 29th GF Comps issue.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1
So i just repaired the computer, but sadly it said nothing was fixed. it just basically was like "yeah, computer runs fine" So we'll see what happens. Is there a better way to fix the csrss.exe file?

Btw my computer just BSOD again and this time it automatically restarted and said
"Windows has encountered a problem with a device connected to your computer"
File: \Boot\BCD
Info:An unexpected I/O error has occurred

EDIT: Attached Minidumps, finally got computer to start up without it trying to "find operating system" Had to turn it completely off then back on.

Attachments

• Oct 2nd BSOD with BCD Crash.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
Back