Alt + S = Ctrl + Alt + S

Jennzie

Alt + S, doesn't work :( HELP T_T

Help! I cannot figure this out. Somehow pressing and holding alt then pressing s functions as if I had pressed Ctrl + Alt + S. I don't understand how these key combination got switched. This causes me problems in a game I play as Alt + S = a shortcut key.
However when pressed it does not work. But if I press Ctrl + Alt + S it works.
I downloaded a program called Passmark Keyboard Test. I found that if I click the option that says Filter System Keys. Alt + S works properly.

Somehow the keys got switched and I have no idea how to fix this.

Please help T_T.

Ok one thing to check, if you go to edit your registrys:
GO to Run type regedit, hit enter, in here, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then in there expand SYSTEM then from there expland Current Control Set from there expand Control scroll down till you see Keyboard Layout, you will see two, one says Keyboard Layout the other says says Keyboard Layouts, make sure it is not the one with the s. When you click on Keyboard Layout is there anything in there? (don't need to expand this one, just click on the key itself.) if there is, these are keyboard modifyers, you can basically customize your keyboard using this, disabling certain keys and making keys do different functions then they are sapposed too..

Otherwise, check into your keyboard software, make sure theres no options to change keyboard functionality, the use of specific keys, sticky keys doesn't seem to have any options about CTRL and ALT

27510706.png

Your under the wrong registry key :)

Your under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, need to be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > Current Control Set > Control > Keyboard Layout

everything seems fine there, must be something with the software? If you want you can try and uninstall any software that handles your keyboard, see if that helps at all.

I already did, multiple times. I have a G15.

I even tried running it without the GamePanel software, and nothing changed.

Only things I can suggest from there is try another keyboard, if it doesn't do it then scan for infections, possibly just messing with the keyboard? Not too sure.

No idea if this might apply or not, but just came to mind when you mentioned "Filter System Keys". See
Turn off Filter Keys in Windows XP and Vista

Nope :(

I don't know what "System Keys" are. But if I could find out what this Keyboard Test program does to turn them off. Or what it is it even turns off. Because when that box is checked. The problem is fixed. The only thing is, the program has to be left open.
So there has to be something somewhere D:
This is the strangest problem, I've ever come across T_T I'm very close to just reinstalling Windows.
But I would perfer solving this.

Also I opened up the Microsoft Virtual Keyboard. To see if, maybe something was wrong with my keyboard. And Alt + S will not work on that either. I also assigned the S key to my G5 Mouse. And when I hold down alt, the S key still will not function. When alt is released, S works as normal, and all other key combinations can be used.
So... :(

Back