Altec Lansing ada 310 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabadosado

i cant find the drivers for these anywhere. its kind of an old speaker system im thinking. but its laying around the house not doing anything. im sure they still work fine and dandy. i know last year they did when i visited where im living now. but they had to reformat the comp and lost drivers and dont have installation cd. anyone know where i can get the drivers.. i went to one site but they made me fill out questionaires and stuff and im not a fan of spyware and giving out my information. anywho. altec doesnt have a drivers page on it either so idk

Hi pabadosado,

it the sound driver of the sound card that needs to be installed.
can you identify your motherboard model/system model?

lol i hate this... ok i have all the necessary drivers. ac 97 or whatever its called but its just not picking up my speakers. its still coming out of my monitor. even when i plug the speakers in the usb port in the back it doesnt even do the windows has recognized new hardware thing... my speakers have a yellow light as in there getting power and what not but not green as in there ready to make that bump in the trunk noise. idk. i got sound drivers and all that stuff for my mobo. like i said last year it was working then they swapped comps and now its not

Alright,can you please run a dxdiag report?
lets check your system & drivers installed.

to do that:

click Start > Run then type dxdiag & hit enter.
a dxdiagnostic tool screen will open,at the lower right,
click Save all In formation.

A report will be generated in notepad,save it to your desktop
and attach the file in your next reply.

im really sorry but i dont have that yahoo. look at the name on it now.. thats what my real address is.. it must be another name for my yahoozle. havnt used it in like 3 yrs prob lol

please send to gmail... please please please... i guess after like 3 yrs of not using hotmail or yahoo or any of those other crappy ones i dont have them or remember any of my stuff to remember my password or have them send me a new pass cause i use fake info lol. please i beg of you to send to my gmail

thanks for all the help with sending me links and such. thanks a lot. but the prob is that all the links say there compatable with xp but there not... there only for win 95.. ive installed the stuff that you helped me find. but all it did was say is that your operating system does not support usb. to use upgrade your comp to windows 95 or ors 2.1.... or osr 2.1 wichever it actually is lol

you;ve got a couple problems. One of which: the AC'97 Audio Controller error 10 is interesting as you have Realtek AC'97 Audio Controller drivers loaded which i think may be for a differnet device. To know what's going on for sure. First
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (It may take a short while till a second window opens)
  • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post
Then
  • Download and run DriverView
  • Click Edit-Select All, then Edit->Copy Selected Items
  • Paste into a text file and attach file to your next post

/****** Edit **********/
And just saw your last post. Confirm and tell me if your operating system is XP Service Pack 2. Control Panel->System. You'll see OS info under General tab

Camera USB\VID_046D&PID_08F0\5&22456BB&0&1 The drivers for this device are not installed.

VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) ROOT\MEDIA\0000 This device cannot start.

i think i have all the "inner workings" detail i need. and the drivers you need (including one for that USB camera that's not installing! or do you have those drivers? is that an seperate USB cam you bought/attached to the USB bus?

if i can't back to you within the next hour or two it will be tomorrow another 12 or so hours till tomorrow

OK. Here's where we are. In general, you have variety of driver issues to address. As to how the issues relate to your sound problem i'd guess a 50/50 chance the problem is among the driver issues.

But either way ya need to get your devices and drivers fixed (cause is just a good thing to do!) and it also allows ruling it out if problem continues. (if not there, i have suspicions for other spots as well) I'm guessing (strong guess) you have an MS-7021 KT6V-LSR tho we want to be certain. The to-do steps which follow take care of that.

Drivers and BIOS
You have at least two out of date drivers. Best way to resolve motheboard model # question and get latest drivers: Use Internet Explorer (not firefox should u have it) and go here Let MSI install ActiveX and let it determine your motherboard and update these two drivers:
...==> LAN Driver - should use: v3.68.0.453
...==> PIDE/SATA RAID Drivers - should use: v5.1.2600.540

Newer BIOS versions are available but I didn’t see anything in the release notes indicating a good reason to change. See what the MSI scan reports about BIOS but I wouldn't update the BIOS yet
Internet Security Software
You have both Symantec and AVG drivers installed some of them recent installs
...==> What security software are you running?
...==> You should only have ONE firewall running, ONE antivirus and ONE anti-spyware​
Multiple Audio Controllers
I have some guesses as to why you have two different audio controllers but for right now, let's just try disable the VIA AC'97 Audio Controller. In Device Manager, rt click the device, select Disable​
Add/Remove Programs
I'd like you to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs. At top of Add/Remove Programs window, check Show Updates.
Now carefully look through the list. I'd expect a Realtek audio entry. Do you see anything else that might be related to sound? and specifically: maybe anything related to the Via ac'97 controller we just disabled?​
And... still need to look at that USB cam.. but is on the backburner for now

/********** EDIT ******************/
And forgot to add this....
1. When tried inserting usb mentioned in post, you used the computer's USB port or a port on a hub? (always use the computer USB port for our tests)'
2. Open Device Manager. Insert speaker USB connector again while watching DevManager display. Did it refresh upon insertion? Keep the usb plugged in.
3. Expand USB Serial Controllers. Carefully look through expanding everything. See a device with a yellow question mark?
4. If yes, rt click the device, select Properties. click Detail tab. Tell me the string that appears. or do a screen shot if easier

Also try the AMS24 driver version from Altec.

I had seen an interesting USB driver i thought to try so went back to see if same.

But i see Altec AMS24 driver listed as a video driver for Win98 :confused:(at least in DriverGuide) Or am i misunderstanding something?

LookinAround said:
I had seen an interesting USB driver i thought to try so went back to see if same.

But i see Altec AMS24 driver listed as a video driver for Win98 (at least in DriverGuide) Or am i misunderstanding something? ]

its a package for :

Device Class: USB

Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 305
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 305
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 310
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 310
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 355
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 355
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 600
Altec Lansing Multimedia USB Speakers - ADA 600

for almost all windows OS version.

OK. Now i know what you meant.

When talking about drivers is best to refer to model/driver name, always better to provide a link

The AMS24 driver is here

You were talking about the ACS495 driver. (which happens to have a filename of ams24xp. Did you see the filename? or something else? tho at this point, no matter. just good example why need refer to model number and best of all provide a link) :)

LookinAround said:
When talking about drivers is best to refer to model/driver name, always better to provide a link.

com' on,not everyone of us here have access to that site when downloading
drivers unless registered.i would not point anybody to a link which requires
the user to register.

LookinAround said:
The AMS24 driver is here

You were talking about the ACS495 driver. (which happens to have a filename of ams24xp. Did you see the filename? or something else? tho at this point, no matter. just good example why need refer to model number and best of all provide a link)

sorry,wrong way around.i said its a package.try research a bit more.

hey thanks for all the help. i had my buddy come over and he helped me out. similar stuff for what you guys are saying. he got me the hookup.. thanks a lot

Case a)
Also try the AMS24 driver version from Altec.
Case b)
sorry,wrong way around.i said its a package.try research a bit more.

Could you be a bit more clear? Take your pick
....Case a) You said "it's a driver"?
....Case b) You said "it's a package"?

And who should try research a bit more of what???

com' on,not everyone of us here have access to that site when downloading
drivers unless registered.i would not point anybody to a link which requires
the user to register.
Awww, com' on. You still need be a little more clear as well as look closer at that site
...1) I've never or registered or paid to download from that site. You can do it for FREE and without registering (you should research a bit more ;) )
...2) There's a bit of confusion cuz ya didn't point any link to anybody and said to try AMS24 driver not AMS24 package. And it's the ACS495 package you were trying to refer to.

I'm just trying to be clear so you understand that there are naming conventions involved so you're aware next time. and is why is always best to provide a link to something.

hey thanks for all the help. i had my buddy come over and he helped me out. similar stuff for what you guys are saying. he got me the hookup.. thanks a lot

Glad you have things working.

Would suggest you still try updating other drivers i noted. And questions about AVG vs. Symantec drivers (maybe all is ok. but u wouldn't want run both at same time... and can remove what you don't run. Installed drivers still require system resources)

@pabadosado,thanks for the update :grinthumb.
glad your buddy got it working.sometimes its really hard
to say things in writing.

but anyways,if the "driver(s)" didnt worked,it's just a try. ;)
we solve the problems as we research a bit more.

@LookinAround,no worries about the links.
pabadosado knows where to get the file before you jumped in to
the thread.

the driver you insist you got from the site you got it is different from the one
i have.if you got it without registering,then its good for you.
you're good ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back