Alternate ways to run a virus scan

al davis

I posted this in the Windows OS forum but this may be a better place.

I want to automate the running and reporting of a virus scan. On a system with no keyboard, mouse or display, I'd like to start a virus scan, get progress and results back some way other than the normal screen presentation. I know most scanners will generate a file on completion and that may work for getting results but I want to monitor progress too. VNC and the like is one option but I'd really like to do it all under control of another program. Are there virus scanners out there that support this kind of interface? Are there other ways to think about this problem?

hmm; your description would seem to fit a server farm; ie corporate implementaions.

look for Enterprise level A/V systems.

No it's a real time data collection system. The operators connection is via a GUI control panel thru a dedicated network. At the end of the day I'd like to give the operator the ability to run a virus scan without actually presenting the normal virus scanner user interface. Could you elaborate a bit on 'Enterprise level A/V systems'?

that's fine - - bug still recommend looking for Enterprise solutions where automation is expected.

Back