Always me

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul quest

Hi Guys,
Need your help again!

ADVENT 7201, model number AL- 096 / Windows Vista Home Premium / Celeron M

My son switched it off when it froze.
When I came to switch it back on it wouldn't load anything!

On switching the power on the ADVENT logo appears on the screen with the F2 setup and F12 multiboot options showing. They disappear after a few seconds, a cursor flashes top left and then a blank screen. Nothing happens. The windows logo doesn't even appear on the screen.

The only thing that is happening is that the fan seems to be on constantly instead of only when it is needed.

If I power it down it switches off straight away and makes a little 'click' when doing it.

I'm at a complete loss as what to do to get it going again.

Please help. :confused:

The HDD has most likely died. The same thing happened with my old Toshiba a week or two back. Only difference was that mine gave a BSOD. I powered it off and packed it up and put it away, thinking it was probably because I'd been running it for too long. I powered it on later and it stayed at the Toshiba startup screen and gave an 'IDE #0 error' message. I suspect it's the same with your laptop. Try popping in a Windows XP Setup Disk in the drive and booting off it. If Setup doesn't detect the HDD, then it's probably dead.

Sometimes bad sector..
Not exactly

Rage_3K_Moiz has covered the correct possibilities

Also roland_xp_80, I have read other posts made by you here and elsewhere
I believe it may be better for you to stay with your 3 posts for password help you made, and leave technical support (helping others!) alone.
Until you have gained extensive knowledge in doing so.
ie Your replies can affect others. Especially if incorrect (being on all occasions so far)

Still didn't have anything until this morning. Someone told me to press f8 repeatedly when switching on the laptop. It then gave me the option to carryout a destructive recovery. As I wasn't getting anything else from it I did that.
Finally got everything loaded onto it again and it seems to be running fine.
No idea what caused it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back