TechSpot

Always-on voice controlled smartphones to appear in 2014

By Rick
Jun 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Citing multiple sources, GottaBeMobile reports that LG has plans to release a smartphone with always-on voice activation as soon as next year. Reportedly, smartphones armed with the technology will respond only to the owner's voice and may require just a simple...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,195   +749

Interesting... navigation sounds like a good spot to start with this idea. There's not really a point to being able to use your phone hands free if you're walking around and have to take it out of your pocket first... all you'll be doing is confusing the people around.
    *you* 'Hello',
    *guy next to you* 'Hello?'
    *you* 'Oh, sorry, I was talking to my phone.'.

Skidmarksdeluxe, Rick and H3llion like this.
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +99

Oh god, let the horrors begin :D

4. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

Comes with the new NSA always watching you app as well with no option to uninstall it or turn it off.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

Wow, this is scary.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,423   +822

Didn't you know that all next gen phones will come with an additional camera entirely dedicated for NSA use as well as a warning through your speaker saying "Anything you say and look at can & will be used as evidence against you"?

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,423   +822

You forgot to add:
    *guy next to you* So was I.
    *girl next to both of you* Stop hitting on me!

8. cuerdc

cuerdc TS Rookie Posts: 23

Wonder what things your missus phone could do in their handbag while having a good gossip chat

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.