Amazon celebrates seven years of Prime, shares fun facts

By Shawn Knight
Aug 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon launched Amazon Prime in 2005 as an all-you-can-eat free two-day shipping alternative on one million items sold online. Now seven years later, the $79 annual service has expanded to include more than 15 million eligible items, access to over…

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

I've been a Prime Amazon customer for almost two years. Best damn deal there is on the internet IMNHO. For all the stuff I order from Amazon, I've probably saved a few hundred bucks in shipping costs with their $79/yr deal, not to mention getting what I order in two days (and in some cases 1 day!).
  3. Scavengers

Scavengers TS Booster Posts: 107   +21

The 2 best deals on the internet?

Amazon Prime and Netflix streaming.

4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

I buy lots of stuff on Amazon. although I've never found the prime to be worth my while. I just don't like spending $79 to get free two day shipping while I know I can wait a little longer just by using the free super saver shipping. to me what's a few extra days of waiting, it's gonna arrive at my dorr step anyway. other than that, I already have netflix streaming, so prime doesn't justify the $79 to me personally.
  5. hernandezej

hernandezej TS Rookie

I have several "prime-like" programs including and and Amazon prime is BY FAR THE BEST. Hands Down. Go Amazon!
  6. ROBO731

ROBO731 TS Rookie

I love it. It's totally worth it and you can share your prime membership with up to 4 other people at no additional cost.