Amazon considered RIM buyout, so did Microsoft and Nokia

By Jos
Dec 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research In Motion turned down takeover overtures from Amazon.com and other potential buyers this past summer, according to an exclusive report by Reuters, which claims the BlackBerry maker wanted to…

Read the whole story
  2. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 Newcomer, in training Posts: 59

RIM is done.... no one wants a blackberry anymore.
  3. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

I actually want one

I used to have an android

Then i moved to Windows Phone 7

Blackberry is still great for Business Use
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,576   +76

The Playbook was $189 over BF weekend that price came from them RIM no tax no shipping charges. I had to send 4 emails over to finally get someone and tell them to cancel my order. After 3 weeks later I get an email saying they will cancel it. A week later I get another email saying there was something wrong with the ordering process and they couldn't fulfill my order. I should go back to RIM site to reorder again or go to Best Buy. What!
  5. Black Berry is still popular in other countries
  6. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

One of Jaguar's reps was on the Lang & O'Leary exchange a few days ago. Their plan for RIM seems quite reasonable. But I'd be very interested in a MS/Nokia/RIM juggernaut. The combined expertise could create an OS and environment that would make Android and iOS look amateur by comparison.

I do hope things work out for RIM's employees; I'd hate to see them lose their careers and Ontario lose more high-bracket taxpayers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.