Amazon deleting negative Spore reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage_3K_Moiz

Apparently, Amazon has caved in to the self-styled "video game publisher" we all know as Electronic Arts, and has started removing all the negative reviews for their latest release Spore. Oddly enough, negative reviews are all it has received due to the DRM system implemented in the game, which has already attracted flak from gamers who bought Mass Effect for the PC.

I personally think Spore is a waste of time and talent since the game appears to be little more than a set of 5 different games loosely linked together. Great job EA, you've done it again.

Read the full story here.

Thanks for posting this. I think EA was placing some serious hopes on this game to bring in the $ only to fail because of gameplay design. From what I understand the free download of Creature Creator which is the first step for Spore is actually the best feature.

* By the way, I went to Amazon to check it out for myself and there are NO customer reviews! Zilch. Zip. Zero. But if you scroll down you can still read custoner reactions to Amazon's decision.

Update: The power of the consumer's voice has come through. Amazon has reposted the reviews -- all of them.

Yep, it seems they have reposted them. Good for us consumers, bad for EA and Amazon.

And yes, I agree, the Creature Creator is about as innovative as it gets. Will Wright had some great ideas, but the bureaucrats at EA had to step in and butcher his work. After all the time it was in development, you'd expect something a lot better than the **** they just released.

Yep, it seems they have reposted them. Good for us consumers, bad for EA and Amazon.

And yes, I agree, the Creature Creator is about as innovative as it gets. Will Wright had some great ideas, but the bureaucrats at EA had to step in and butcher his work. After all the time it was in development, you'd expect something a lot better than the **** they just released.

Agree on all fronts. EA has this knack for messing up really great ideas. It is the Evil Empire of PC Gaming. They're killing the PC platform.

Agree on all fronts. EA has this knack for messing up really great ideas. It is the Evil Empire of PC Gaming. They're killing the PC platform.

If you think that's bad, EA is trying to be Valve® and that will be the end of PC games without annoying DRMs. EA buys small companies that produce great games ( Westwood ) and turn it into a small bank account that produce games after games without quality but quantity just so they could make more money. That's why I usually do not buy EA games but do what everyone else should do and DL them.

I tought that those reviews are bs. But when i actually played the game i figured out that the game is definitely not worth the money. Unlike Crime Life that got only bad reviews but was the best game that i ever played! And why is everyone so opsest whit reviews? I mean, those guys don't know nothing better then most of us hardcore-gamers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back