Amazon invests in six new original TV shows, wants your feedback

By Matthew
Dec 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Not to be outdone by Netflix and Hulu, Amazon has announced plans to produce exclusive content for its video streaming service. The e-commerce giant has ordered the making of pilots episodes for six original comedy series, which will be written...

Read more
  2. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 265   +77

Firefly.. 'nuff said.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,424   +281

Alpha House and Those Who Can't are the only ones that sound remotely interesting to me. Out of 2000 series ideas those were the best 6?
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,769   +1,427

Depends on whether you are referring to the fact the series only lasted one season. Or the fact that some people including myself actually liked the show.

Without clicking on any of the links above, I am confused as to why you mentioned Firefly.
  5. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Yeah, as another fan of that series, what's the connection? Also - gotta say "Dark Minions" holds appeal for me personally since the plot reminds me of my in-laws.
  6. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 968   +147

At amazon, how about investing in stargate franchise such that
    a. stargate: universe can be continued
    b. stargate: origin (I made this up :) ; tells the story of the ancestors and their split into ori and lanteans
    c. stargate: the rise of the goa'uld)

I'm a fan of science fiction :) and primeval: new worlds kinda...meh.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.