Amazon launches commercial publishing platform for amateur writers

By Shawn Knight
May 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon recently announced a new commercial publishing platform that will allow any writer to create fan fiction based on original stories and characters. Amateur writers will have access to characters inspired by a number of successful books via an agreement...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,228   +329

Once upon a time there lived this deadbeat who fancied himself a genius writer, but didn't amount to anything, until one day he discovered Amazon.com where he published The Chronicles of Mad Frog and made billions... Can I have my 20% now, please? Ops, wrong website...

I think this is just as brilliant as a Facebook phone.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

Maybe this would be something to get people to do something productive with the intention of earning a little money instead of being bored at the computer while doing nothing xD
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,203   +521

I dunno. I know someone who is an authoress. She's interested in this kind of thing. If she can make a bit of money from it, why not.
  5. :cool: Great stuff! Do you accept stories in different languages?:cool:
  6. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194   +18

Why are you asking TechSpot a question only Amazon can answer?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.