TechSpot

Amazon launches Kindle for the Web

By Jos
Sep 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Continuing to expand upon its Kindle platform, Amazon today announced launch of “Kindle for the Web,” a new service that will allow users to sample e-books directly through their browsers with no download required. The concept is not all that different from Amazon's current ability to let book publishers share several pages of their books for customers to read before buying anything, but as you’d expect there’s also has a social-networking component to it.

Read the whole story
  2. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

A full text version, built on a subscription account would make Amazon not only my favorite site, but the site that I would spend the most time on EVER. Think about it, since it would be a web based platform; one could go to it on any device and read their favorite author. Granted, this means that ownership of the book would never be yours. But, if they offered a discounted "to print" option, a book/magazine that you want to actually physically own could be yours, because you were a subscriber.

Please, if you know someone in Amazon, tell them of this idea, I want to see something like this go live!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.