Amazon launches massive, day-long Kindle Fire sale

Justin Kahn

If you were on the fence about grabbing a Kindle Fire HD, Amazon is making that decision one step easier for you today. The company has launched a massive day-long fire sale on the popular tablets.

The refurbished 8.9-Inch Kindle Fire HD is available at 25% off all day today, with other models and related accessories showing up throughout the day as part of Amazon's regular Lightning Deals. You can check out the sale schedule by model, item and time below.

amazon kindle fire 16gb 32gb kindle fire hd lightning deals daily deal gold box

The certified refurbished Kindle Fire HD comes in both 16 and 32 GB configurations at $179 and $199, respectively, down from the regular $240 and $269. These are some of the best prices we have seen on the 1080p tablets. There have been reports of an updated line of Kindle Fire devices on the way, boasting Qualcomm’s top-tier Snapdragon 800 SoC. This could be Amazon clearing out old stock to prepare for new models expected to hit in the fall.

Here's a quick break down of today's Kindle Lightning Deals, be sure to act fast as these deals tend to sell out quick. Each deal is available until the next deal starts or until supplies run out, which ever comes first.

6:00 AM PDT: Refurbished 7-Inch Kindle Fire HD: $120-$150
10:00 AM PDT: Kindle Fire styluses
11:00 AM PDT: Refurbished 1st Generation Kindle Fire: $89
2:00 PM PDT: Various Kindle Fire cases
3:00 PM PDT: Refurbished 8.9-Inch Kindle Fire HD with 4G: $250
5:00 PM PDT: 8.9-Inch Kindle Fire HD cases/covers

Permalink to story.

Hmmm...you can still buy a brand new (not refurbished) Nook HD+ 32GB for $179. And it can operate as an Android too now that it offers Google Play whereas the Kindle is completely proprietary to Amazon.

I think you missed some PMs in the times? Unless that one sale goes from 11AM today until 2AM tomorrow morning?

Always makes me wonder when a company wants to hurry up and sell a bunch of their product. We'll see an announcement of a new version soon after the sale, if not already. I dont pay attention to the sales of most tablets or ereaders.

Back