Amazon locker delivery system available in New York City

By Shawn Knight
Oct 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon has expanded their pilot delivery locker system to eight locations on the east coast. There are now eight locker locations in New York City as well as the original…

Read the whole story
  2. So it's a glorified post office then?
  3. What happens when your email gets hacked?
  4. stewi0001

stewi0001 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 275   +6

wonder how long a parcel is allowed to occupy a locker.
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,233   +315

I'd love to see something like this in Seattle. Which surprises me that it isn't seeing as AMZ is based here. At any rate, I live in a secure condo complex and it's a royal pain in the rear trying to get a package delivered to me when I'm not home.
  6. Rasta211

Rasta211 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 191   +24

What's the convenience charge for this one?
  7. not to be a jerk, but it's PIN...not PIN number. The "N" in PIN stands for number.
  8. So, you get to waste your own gas and time to go retrieve the package? Most delivery companies will just leave it on your front door step if you are not home or keep the package and try and deliver it the next day.
  9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

I think its a great idea, particularly if your not home or don't want a million questions from co-workers about the items you bought and why. Not meant to be for everyone but i would appreciate this service
  10. tehbanz

tehbanz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 182   +9

In my case they don't leave it at my door, and if it's something I need I have to drive all the way to the edge of town to the fedex (if they're open by the time im done with work), which is a lot further than my closest convenience store. It has lots of applications, just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't mean thats the case for everyone else.
  11. These types of things criminals love. To be able to pick up a package with anonymity has fraud written all over it. I believe that amazon and not their affiliates will be responsible when the cardholder files a chargeback a month or two later claiming unauthorized transaction, and they will have every right to do so - when Visa/Mastercard require merchants ship to the AVS confirmed address.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.