Amazon offering free one-day shipping through December 21

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Amazon is offering free one-day shipping on select items starting tomorrow through December 21. The deal looks to be good on thousands of items sold directly from Amazon.com and doesn’t appear to be limited to Prime-only members.

Specifically, buyers can start shopping for eligible items starting on December 17 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific time until December 21 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. As outlined on the FAQ page, users must first add an item to their shopping cart and ship item(s) to a single address. It’s important that you select One-Day Shipping during the checkout process. For Prime members, select One-Day Shipping for $3.99 and the discount will be reflected in the order summary.

amazon free shipping 1-day

The promotion applies only to qualified Amazon.com items and not to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to video games sold by Amazon.com, users cannot buy the same game through another seller and receive free shipping. The offer is only valid to buyers within the continental United States and is void where prohibited.

The holidays are nearly upon us and if you haven’t finished (or even started) buying gifts yet, this could be an excellent alternative to fighting long lines at brick and mortar stores. If you haven’t decided what to get the geek in your life yet, our Holiday Gift Guide could point you in the right direction. It covers a wide range of budgets from sub $100 products to gadgets over $400.

Permalink to story.

Here is my experience of Dec 18, I tried this. Did everything they requested like, Amazon only items, selected one day shipping etc. In the end, I was charged $50 for shipping with no credit on the shipping. Cancelled the order.

Back