TechSpot

Amazon, others to use new color E-ink displays?

By Matthew
Mar 19, 2010
  1. Prime View International (PVI) showed 6 and 9.7-inch color E-ink prototypes at a trade show in China this week, and they could make their way into e-readers later this year. The company reportedly demoed the smaller display with an animated clip of blue and red racecars driving on a track, but said its refresh is too slow for real video playback.

Read the whole story

2. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 637   +56

Very neat. I would love to see color e-ink in action. Between this, tablets, netbooks, etc. the lines are getting blurry as to the differences.

3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,321   +434

I have followed this screens for quite a while, can't wait to see them in netbooks for extra battery life, along with dual core atoms.

4. rufio

rufio TS Rookie Posts: 51

this is pretty cool! i didn't even know something like this existed

5. Looks like someone's re-invented the passive matrix LCD display.

6. megrawab

megrawab TS Rookie Posts: 93

For me, the LCD display looks old and the case itself. But looks like it has something more to do, hope so...

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

I'd think Amazon and Barnes & Noble are looking towards something more then what they have since the tablet competition is clearly superior and consumers might want that.

8. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,159   +67

This is going to be an interesting year, with this and the other low power sunlight visible displays.

@"Looks like someone's re-invented the passive matrix LCD display" -- e-ink is active matrix.

9. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 TS Rookie Posts: 102

hey great color and display!
    LCDs will become a passe!
    lookin forward to these displays!

10. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 526

Yeah, but if i get a dual core it is because i am going to be doing something multimedia intensive, which so far these screens don't look that great for. For low powered reading/display devices they look great, but not so much for a general purpose computer.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.