Amazon patent outlines an anonymous mobile payment system

By Shawn Knight
Apr 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon may be preparing to launch an anonymous mobile payment system as evident by a patent application published yesterday by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Originally filed for in April 2009, the service would allow people to purchase items...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 671   +202

Ebay and Amazon both need systems like this desperately. The number of shady companies doing business through those services with almost no oversight is astounding. I think around 60% of lifestyle accessories bought via Ebay and Amazon are counterfeit, and that's just one category. With that many crooks doing business, the chances of having your info sold are pretty high. I know for a fact that I've been spammed twice because of this (I take steps to insure I can trace it back to the culprits).
  3. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +34

Your address is the only thing shipping companies should ever see.
  4. Tiberath

Tiberath TechSpot Member

Again, how is something like this even patentable? It's sending encrypted data packages over SSL. That's it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.