TechSpot

Amazon smartphone could arrive as an AT&T exclusive with 'Prime Data'

By Shawn Knight
Apr 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon's top secret smartphone division has a serious leaker on its hands (or someone is really doing a great job of pulling the wool over our eyes). In addition to the myriad of details that have already emerged, the latest...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

Wow... not much detail here, is there. So there's a phone with something called 'Prime data' on it, but we don't what it is. Why is this even a story?

3. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 910   +387

No thanks! ANYTHING locked to at&t is a no no for me.
    Bloat, pushed ads, crippled features, no thanks!
    I've been on straight talk for over 18 months on an unlocked non
    carrier Note1, and wouldn't go back to a contract device for anything!

4. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

I was on the fence about whether Amazon could put together a good phone, and whether it would appeal to me (considering I've enjoyed my Kindle Fire for a while now)...

This didn't just push me off the fence, it knocked down the entire fence. Anything that gets tied to AT&T exclusively is dead to me. Tying it to ANY specific carrier is the kiss of death, really, but my (and my company's) experiences with AT&T have assured I'll never touch anything of theirs.

5. distantreality

distantreality TS Enthusiast Posts: 58   +7

Yuck If they go with at&t I won't be getting one unfortunately I have been waiting for their cell phone but if this is true will be rolling over my unlimited data plan at verizion on a dif cell sigh

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah it is ridiculous.