TechSpot

Amazon unveils backlit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD tablets

By Shawn Knight
Sep 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos took the stage at an airplane hangar in Santa Monica, California today to unveil a trio of new Kindle e-book readers and multiple Kindle Fire tablets. The company's new flagship tablet looks to give Apple's third...

Read more

2. Alvaro

Alvaro TS Rookie Posts: 41   +8

Went to Amazon. Watched the Fire HD video. Sold.

3. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

I just can't get over all the photos, where on the center of the photo it has the black silhouette of this guy's head.

4. JBones

JBones TS Rookie

DRATS! How I wished the glow, erm, PaperLite Kindle had physical buttons!

Yes, I get that you can tap, swipe, etc., but having owned each generation of Kindle including the touch, I far prefer holding the kindle (in either my left or right hand) with a thumb on the NEXT PAGE button. Then, just press, not move thumb to screen, tap, and then back the the bevel.

I really hope they come out with a lit version of the Kindle with touch screen plus button navigation.

5. DeftVrykolaka

DeftVrykolaka TS Rookie

I thought the lighting was on top of the text?

6. Neojt

Neojt TS Enthusiast Posts: 146   +10

LOL I read Kindle PaperWEIGHT ! LOL

7. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

haha ashwin

8. Ric.Broadhurst

Ric.Broadhurst TS Rookie

I agree, the old one with buttons is still my favourite - even without wifi!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.