Amazon's ad-supported streaming video service to touch down early next year

By Shawn Knight
Nov 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It's gearing up to be a busy New Year for Amazon. In addition to jumping into the travel booking business, the e-commerce giant is also expected to roll out a free ad-supported video streaming service which could present a serious...

Read more
  2. war59312

war59312 TS Booster Posts: 114

As long as PRIME stays AD-FREE Forever like they promised!

Seconds ADs are introduced to PRIME, I run away!!
  3. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

Far too many ads on the web. What I hate are those pop up ads on You Tube. Why?
  4. Get Adblock Plus, it removes ads from YouTube as well as pretty much any other site.
  5. war59312

war59312 TS Booster Posts: 114

Guest, uBlock can do the same while using half (or less) the system resources (ram, cpu, etc.).

@Railman, indeed, pop-ups and pop-unders are by far the worse.

I personally use Admuncher (which is now free), plus uBlock, plus Ghostery, plus ScriptSafe.

I disable third party cookies as well. I also manage which cookies are allowed with Vanilla.

I also control sites with Stylish and Tampermonkey.

Pretty damn safe this way.
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Best to buy business managed router or one that supports manage security firewalls with IP and URL web feature. I take the list of 40 known Ad sites with IP look-up along with their matching DNS. Then block all these ad sites from hitting my network PCs. I do still run the browser ad block and blocker. Make sure those are updated.