TechSpot

AMD AM3 Phenom2 x2 550 BE cooling

By ManQu
Jan 4, 2010
  1. Stock CPU cooler is fine but runs warm on 100% load so i wanted a better cooler.
    anyhow sorted with an upgraded cooler.
    btw....see the stupid posts below.........

2. ManQu

ManQu TS Rookie Topic Starter

3. ManQu

Removed.......

4. Row1

Row1 TS Guru Posts: 332   +13

problems cooling and 80 watt cpu? s/t wrong...

this chip should not be so difficult to cool. it is noted as an 80 watt processor...that is not so powerful. lots of ppl are cooling higher-watt cpus with the provided heat sink and fan.

do you have ok air flow thru your case? are air intakes clogged by dust? have you over-clocked this cpu? have you damaged at all the heatsink square that sits straight on the pocessor?

5. ManQu

Removed......

6. Row1

let me know what works...i need to cool my car better

I run my Corolla at close to 100 mph for days at a time, crossing the great southwest (running the a/c), delivering heavy loads of tools.

My car runs hot, and my mileage is not as good as the EPA estimates. Also, I have to change oil more often than every three months. Plus, I have to replace tires once every three months - my old car, before I got this delivery job, might go four years on a set of tires.

Someone suggested I should get a delivery truck, but I am sure if I cool this car down a little, I wil be fine.

7. ManQu

...........say no more

8. Row1

smiley face

:) :)

9. ManQu

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.