Amd Athlon XP 2400+ is not recognized by MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, greetings to all.

I have a problem, i hace an Amd Athlon Xp 2400+ processor since 4 years aprox. but today i realized that when i boot the BIOS says that i have an 1800+ processor. why did this change? i open the computer and saw the processor and still is my 2400+ so nobody change it. What can i do?

thx in advance to all
greetings from Venezuela
Edwind

I forgot. My MB is an pcchips k7 M863 socket A series. i have 2 gb ram. Linux and Windows OS, and dont know what else to say.

thanks again

Ouch, I don't know. I have the Sempron 2200+, and overclocked it so it thinks its an Unknown 2400+, but unless you underclocked (if possible with Processors) I have no clue.

One thing you could try is to flash your bios to the most recent version released by the motherboard manufactures website. They will provide you with the tool to do it, and it doesn't take very long. The only thing is, and this is a slight misfortune, if something happens where the computer loses power or shuts off in any way, the BIOS chip will be empty and the computer will not boot. However, the manufacture will also provide you with a recovery tool usually. Read up carefully on this procedure if you are unsure of doing it, or are not comfortable with computers. Also, yes some of the processors will underclock themselves to save power, or they could be running in a safe mode to prevent overheating. Try setting back to optimized defaults first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back